Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Bookkeeper is a strong and independent person who uses their analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to make decisions and resolve issues.
The Bookkeeper is a team member who is proactive, flexible, as well as competent in determining priorities and exercising excellent judgement with a positive attitude.
Discretion with confidential information is of high importance. This position provides administrative services to the Management team and assists the Director of Finance to meet organizational goals.
As an enthusiastic and energetic professional, you bring an exceptional ability to organize and prioritize. You are a skilled communicator able to adapt to a variety of personalities and individuals at all levels throughout the organization. You understand team dynamics and have a proven track record for being a strong team player. You take initiative when appropriate and are able to work with little or no direction, applying sound critical thinking to independent decision making.
As a new role, this role can be adapted to fit the strengths and interests of the selected candidate and Company requirements. This position is a fantastic opportunity and leaves plenty of room for growth within the organization.
• Update and maintain spreadsheets in a timely manner
• Assist with the preparation of funding proposals and reports
• Enter transactions in Sage 50, prepare purchase and sales invoices, reconcile accounts, prepare reports
• Manage accounts receivable and payable, petty cash
• Prepare budgets, manage cash flow, and prepare forecast reports
• Maintain electronic and paper files for auditing
• Email correspondence with employees and clients
• Prepare bank deposits
• Other duties as assigned
• Schedule, organize and manage activities such as calendars, meetings and events for employees and Management;
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with employees and key contacts
• Compile data and prepare administrative reports as required.
• Manage contracts and agreements, prepare routine correspondence and documents;
• Copy, scan, distribute materials, mailings, etc.;
• Maintain inventory of supplies and place orders as required;
• Able to prioritize workload according to ever-changing deadlines, maintaining high quality of work
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and facilitation skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively with little or no direction.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must have experience with Sage 50.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Previous experience working, with a not-for-profit or, in broadcasting industry is an asset.
- Knowledge about the Dene and other Aboriginal cultures and languages of the NWT is an asset
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree/diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or related studies required.
- Previous experience in an administrative/ professional support function is an asset.
NCS offers a flexible work schedule, dependent upon the needs of the organization. This position will be for up to 37.5
hours per week. Rate of pay will be dependent on experience.
Start date is ASAP.
Interested candidate are requested to please submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to; email@example.com, We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.